this morning (sunday 13th), 7.10-7.55am, on bbc radio 4
sunday (presented by edward stourton)
“A Sunday programme special from Jerusalem”
including contributions from …
• historian micah goodman
• historian khalil shokeh of bethlehem
• niji alda palestinian activist
• jack jakaman of bethlehem
• bbc reporter trevor barnes
• writer howard jacobson
• historian david feldman
• anti-zionist rabbi avrohom pinter
• louise ellman mp
• anti-zionist blogger robert cohen, of micah’s paradigm shift
• bbc reporter yolande knell
• george hintlian, historian of the armenian patricarchate
• american convert, comedian yisrael campbell
• bereaved parent robi damelin
• bereaved parent ikhlas shtayeh
• nathan jeffay of the jewish chronicle
• ahmad budeiri palestinian analyst
“As Israel turns 70 this programme examines how those years have impacted on the three great Abrahamic faiths.
Edward Stourton meets Dr Micah Goodman, of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem, to discuss the complex religious history of this land and the current mix of challenges and opportunities.
Edward visits Bethlehem to hear how the anniversary is viewed by Christians and Muslims living in the city.
Trevor Barnes reports on what the creation of the state of Israel has meant for British Jews.
Yolande Knell visits the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem to hear how Armenian Christians are trying to retain a presence in the city.
Orthodox Jewish comedian Yisrael Campbell talks religion, comedy and the ultra-Orthodox with Edward Stourton.
Robi Damelin and Ikhlas Shtayeh, members of the Parents Circle Families Forum, which is a grassroots organization of Palestinian and Israeli families who have lost family members due to the conflict, share their stories.
Ahmad Budeiri is a Palestinian Analyst and Nathan Jeffay is Associate Israel Correspondent for the Jewish Chronicle. They join Edward to discuss the changing religious landscape and what that means for wider social and political change.”
(if you missed it, available at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b2gs7l#playt=13s)